At its March meeting, the Parish Council decided to set up an Environment and Climate Change Working Group. Ideas include a community orchard and tree-planting. More information to follow, but...Read More
Welcome to the Parish of Caton-with-Littledale
The Parish Council of Caton-with-Littledale welcomes you to our village website. For visitors to the area, there is a wealth of information about things to do, places to eat & drink and a listing of local accommodation. Local residents can catch up with the latest news, forthcoming events and locate local businesses serving the area.
Our website has been transferred to new software. If you have contributed before, please re-register in order to continue posting. New contributors – start by registering, using the Register option top right. After that it is easy to post a news item, list an event or add an entry to the Directory. Any queries please contact the website editor in the first instance.
A big move forward for B4RN in Caton and Brookhouse is now possible
We now have access to increased government funding that will help move these projects forward. However, we will only get this funding if enough people register their interest in B4RN now. This doesn’t commit you to anything but will start the process. Please register even if it is a remote future possibility you will want the B4RN “full fibre to the property” service.
For an independent evaluation of B4RN, comparing it to other suppliers, see here: https://www.fasterbroadband.co.uk/best-broadband-reviews
Preparing for Coronavirus in Caton-with-Littledale
- Please swap telephone numbers with your neighbours and anyone you know who may be vulnerable or elderly.
- The Victoria Institute has details of local people who can help with telephone befriending for those who are self-isolating or unwell.
- The Victoria Institute has details of local people willing to go shopping and do doorstep deliveries for those who are self-isolating or unwell.
- The Victoria Institute has information on local delivery services
- Up-to-date information is posted on the village Facebook
To ask for assistance or to volunteer please contact Peter Collins
at the Victoria Institute in Caton on (01524) 771733
The success of this site depends on YOU! We’ve made it easy for you to share and to see what’s happening in the village. Anybody can post to the site and no technical knowledge is needed! You just need to register.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SHARE?
You can share what’s happening with the rest of the village.
- Tell us about an event you’re holding
- Share some news
- Add a photo to the village photo gallery (please email your photos to Jenny Walmsley)
- List your local business or organisation conditions apply
- A street problem such as potholes, blocked drains etc.
It’s easy to submit an item. Give it a go!
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE?
Here are some quick links to get to the main sections of the site:
Here are all the forthcoming events we know about. If there’s something we don’t know about, submit it now!
To see all events at a venue, click on the venue name. Likewise, to see all events from a group, click on the group name. You can also sort this table by clicking on the header titles.
Footpath alongside the Artlebeck from Brookhouse Road to Hornby Road Lancashire County Council is responsible for reinstating this footpath. Both the Parish Council and the Peak and Northern Footpath Society...Read More